Sunday, September 23, 2012

East Texas storms Paris

Milton and Lila (the Moorers from east Texas) had a long, challenging flight. We walked in the Luxembourg gardens before heading out to a night on the Eiffel Tower. 


Already familiar with the process, I had it well planned out. We had a beautiful evening that turned out a little windy and cool on the 'Sommet'. While at the tippy top, there were these really annoying strobe lights overhead that I interpreted as a way to get us moving and off the top. It worked!



On the ground, we strolled out and enjoyed the view of the lit up tower. Very cool. We turned to walk to the metro when people gasped. We turned and I saw that the French weren't trying to run us off the top. See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG4iKLJdOHg&feature=g-upl



Walters sisters at the
Place du Concord


Next morning, we followed the same walk we took with Deb and Claire.








Exploring Paris


I stuck around this time and had coffee at a sidewalk cafe in the Marais district where Mary Lea and I stayed in 2007. Some of us needed a toilet in the middle of Paris and found a free one. Notice the satisfied customer. ;-)






Finally, another trip to the Musée D'Orsay. I've been there five times now and this was my best trip because Milton wanted one of those audio guides which tell a story about selected exhibits. It added a lot for me.

Next day we leave Paris for Giverny and Normandy. I don't really know how to buy train tickets, get on the right train, switch trains when required and god only knows what else but it can't be that hard. Well maybe it can. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment